KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by excess fat under the chin, bra fat, banana rolls under buttocks, back & belly fat
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well but the Double Chin does not go away
- You exercise regularly but have stubborn pockets of fat that just won't diminish
How is KYBELLA® administered?
Treatment can only be administered by a KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections in select areas of excess fat, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
How many KYBELLA® treatment sessions will I need?
Will I need time to recover?
After KYBELLA® treatment, you will likely have some tenderness, swelling, bruising, or numbness in the area of injection. Take time after the treatment to take it easy, rest, relax and let the healing process begin. Be sure to inform your healthcare professional if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, or difficulty swallowing. You may need to stay off of your feet and take time to ice.
What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can temporarily cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness (experienced by 4 out of 100 people in clinical studies) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies). In clinical studies, nerve injury in the jaw resolved on its own in a median of 44 days (range of 1 to 298 days), and trouble swallowing resolved on its own in a median of 3 days (range of 1 to 81 days).
The most common side effects occur in the treatment area and include:
What should I tell my doctor before treatment?
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your us about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Have had or have trouble swallowing
- Have bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk; talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®)
- Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners